Windows XP operating system beta version was released in August 2001 by Microsoft and it was available for the public in October 2001. Windows XP is considered the second most demanded and most downloaded Windows version. Three important versions of Windows XP came to the limelight for the users around the world.
Home Edition: It was launched for home users.
Professional Edition: It came with advanced features for professional people.
Media Center Edition: It is not released for the common users. It was exclusively available for the computer manufacturers for such computers build as Media Center PCs.
Microsoft is no longer providing any official support for technical issues in Windows XP. But a lot of users are still using this old version of Windows. It is mainly due to their research work or maybe just for fun.
Whatever is the reason, some people still want to run Windows XP in their PC/laptop. Well, it may be a hard nut to crack to find Windows XP copy now. Furthermore, it is again difficult to get hardware that could run this older Windows. Anyhow, let’s try to find out the original Windows XP ISO for free download. Here is the original version of Windows XP that includes SP1 & SP2.
Windows XP Features
Let’s have a look at the striking features of Windows XP to know in-depth about it. It will let you know why it is still popular among the people.
Windows XP contains Remote Desktop feature for the users. This feature has created great ease for the users of Windows as they can sit on one computer and can access another computer on a remote place by using this feature.
Device Driver Rollback is another marvelous feature of Windows XP. It helps in uninstalling the installed device drivers. Sometimes, you install drivers for a device that could cause an irritating situation for the user. So, the Device Driver Rollback feature was included in Windows XP to move to the previous driver by uninstalling the latest one.
This version of Windows is mounted with the built-in CD burner. When Microsoft launched Windows XP, it contained the built-in CD burner feature. So, you do not need to install separate CD burner software while using it.
In the earlier versions of Windows, the encrypted file system was supported by a single user. However, Microsoft introduced the Encrypted file system supported by Multi-users in Windows XP for the very first time. So, the users appreciated this time-saving feature in Windows XP.
Device Support came with a lot of improvements. Let say! Windows XP came with support USB 2.0 and FireWire better support. It also comes with better support for Intel HD Audio based hardware and Windows IS based scanners.
It is greatly helpful in downloads. You get alert before downloading an attachment regarding a safe or unsafe file. However, it is strictly applicable while you are using Internet Explorer. It does not work with any other browser.
Windows XP File Information
|File Name||Windows XP|
|Latest Release||05 June 2008|
|License||Official ISO / Product Key|
How to Install Windows XP SP3 using ISO
Once you have downloaded the Windows XP ISO file, you need to install it on your PC. Before moving to the installation section, here are the Operating System requirements to install Windows XP SP3.
|Hard Disk Space||5GB|
|Display||Super VGA (800 x 600)|
Download Windows XP ISO
Windows XP Professional SP3 Product Key
Here is the product key for Windows XP Professional SP3 you are going to install in your system. Note that it is not a Windows Genuine Activation key. It is just a product key.
Windows XP and DOS Games
Some people are still confused whether they can play DOS games on Windows XP or not. They can play DOS games, but the older ones only. However, if you want to play the latest DOS games on Windows XP, you need to download a DOS emulator. You can download an open-source DOS emulator that transforms the Windows XP DOS atmosphere according to the latest Windows DOS application. So, you can run all DOS applications in Windows XP by using it. DOSBox is an open source DOS emulator you can use for this purpose.
- Q: Is it possible for me and my friends to buy Windows XP officially and to use in our Laptops?
- Ans: Well, Windows XP didn’t include the feature to be installed on multiple systems. You can buy Windows XP and it will be for one user. For all users, you need to buy different copies of Windows XP.
- Q: Is it safe to use Windows XP now?
- Ans: It may be risky now as Microsoft is not releasing the security updates for Windows XP. So, the features may be attractive for you, but the security of your system is at a risk. New virus and spyware may attack your system.
- Q: May I get a copy of Windows XP from Microsoft?
- Ans: Yes you can get it from Microsoft, but you need to forward a request to buy it. But Microsoft will not provide you guidance on how to remove the latest version of Windows you are using in the PC.
- Q: Which version of Windows XP is better for me?
- Ans: While selecting the version of Windows XP, you should be very careful. The last update on Security for Windows XP was released on April 8, 2014. So, Microsoft support recommends you to use the latest version of Windows XP to avoid security issues.
- Q: Are people still using Windows XP around the world?
- Ans: Of course, about 7% of PC users are still using Windows XP around the globe. Although Microsoft has stopped issuing the updates, a small number of users still run Windows XP on their systems.
- Q: How can I update Windows XP manually?
- Ans: Go to the Start menu and select “Control Panel” from there. In Control panel, click “Security” and select “Security Center” from there. Here you will see “Windows Update.” Click this option and see the available updates. Install them on your computer.