Windows 7 has been widely used all over the world. It was released in 6 different editions by Microsoft. The basic purpose of releasing 6 different versions is to fulfill the needs of all the people from different walks of life. Windows 7 professional is one of the most popular editions among all because it comes with all the important features for the professional people along with some basic features. Here, I am going to discuss all features of Windows 7 Professional to bring the importance of this edition in the spotlight.
More Windows 7 Versions:
- Windows 7 Ultimate
- Windows 7 Professional
- Windows 7 Home Basic
- Windows 7 Home Premium
- Windows 7 Starter
- Windows 7 Enterprise
Features of Windows 7 Professional
This edition of Windows 7 comes with faster speed. The users of Windows XP or Vista upgrading to Windows 7 Professional will experience a faster startup, hibernation and switching from one app to another app. Windows 7 Professional is more responsive as compared to the previous versions.
It is compatible with almost all applications of Vista and XP. So, you will not face any difficulty in using the previous programs.
Powerful search and the inclusion of Aero Shake, Aero Themes and Aero Background has made it more convenient to use for the professional people. You can search for anything in Windows by putting a few letters in the search box.
BitLocker and BitLocker to Go protect your sensitive data. You can use them to store your important files with password protection.
Microsoft Office comes with all business tools to help the professional people to prepare all the necessary documents with great ease.
You can run this edition of Windows 7 in XP mode to enjoy the full functions of Windows XP while using it.
How to Download & Install Windows 7 Professional
- First, you need to create a bootable USB of Windows 7 Professional. Click Here to download the Windows USB/DVD Download tool by Microsoft.
- Get a USB with at least 4GB storage space and connect it to your PC. Now, download the Windows USB/DVD Download Tool from the above link.
- Once it is downloaded, you need to double click the tool and select “Run” from the menu.
- Now, download the ISO file by using the link on this page.
- Go to the “Start” button and click “Windows USB/DVD Download Tool from the list of programs.
- Now, click “Source File” box in the tool and browse the location where you have saved the ISO file.
- Now, click “USB Device” from there to create the ISO file’s copy to the USB drive.
- Now, go to the folder where you have saved the ISO file and click “Setup.exe” file to start the installation of Windows 7 Professional.
- Restart the system and select “Boot from CD/DVD” from here.
- The system loads files. Select the “Language, Time and Currency format” from here. Also, select the “Keyboard or input method” from here and select “Next” from the page.
- Click the option “Install Now” to start the installation.
- Now, select “I Accept the license terms” when you see the license terms page and select “Next.”
- On the next page, you need to select a type of installation. If you want to install a fresh copy of Windows, you need to select “Custom” otherwise, select “Upgrade” to upgrade the new version of Windows.
- Now, you need to make the partitions. If you do not want to make partitions, select the partition where you want to save Windows.
- Now, click “Delete the old Windows from the disk” to free up some space.
- Once the files start copying, it will be expanded by the system and then will be installed. The whole process is shown on the screen. Your PC will restart for a few times in the installation process. Don’t interrupt the process and wait for a while until the process reaches 100%.
- Finally, enter the product key in the given boxes.
That’s all. You can use your Windows 7 Professional.
Download Windows 7 Professional 32-bit
Download Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Q: I have to install Windows 7 Professional 64-bit in my System. Earlier, I am running Windows XP. I am unable to upgrade. I have 1GB RAM and 30GB disk space. Please help.
Ans: You should check the minimum hardware requirements before you install Windows 7 Professional. To install Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, you need minimum 2GB RAM. If your RAM is 1GB, you cannot upgrade to Windows 7 Professional 64-bit.
Q: I own a Netbook. Do you think Windows 7 Professional will run on a Netbook?
Ans: Of course, it is available for all the devices that are running Windows XP earlier. You can use it on a Netbook too.
Q: I have 2GB RAM, 25GB disk space and running Windows XP currently. I want to upgrade to Windows 7 Professional, but it is showing an error. Please help.
Ans: If you are a Windows XP user currently, you need to install “Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0” to upgrade to Windows 7 Professional. It is necessary to download otherwise, your system will show an error persistently. Download Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0 from the official site of Microsoft.
Q: What storage space is required to create a bootable USB for Windows 7 Professional?
Ans: Minimum 4GB space is required to create a bootable USB for Windows 7 Professional.