Windows 7 was proved a brilliant success for Microsoft after Windows XP SP3. Soon after its release, it became the most widely used Operating System all over the world.
Due to its striking features and convenient use, everyone became a fan of Windows 7. It was released in 6 different versions. Windows Home Basic is one of them. It is not easily available and comes with some geographical restrictions. So, it is not for everyone. Windows 7 Basic is not available in 32-bit. It is only available in 64-bit and you require 8GB storage space to install Windows 7 Home Basic. Let me tell you that it is not available in developed countries like USA, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, etc. It is available in emerging markets.
More Windows 7 Versions:
- Windows 7 Ultimate
- Windows 7 Professional
- Windows 7 Home Basic
- Windows 7 Home Premium
- Windows 7 Starter
- Windows 7 Enterprise
Windows 7 Home Basic Features
If we compare Windows 7 Home Basic with Windows 7 Starter, it has a bit more interesting graphics. But the premium features are not present in it, those are available in the Home Premium version. Let say! It does not include Windows Media Center.
The User interface is very smooth and easy to work with. The Aero Snap is its striking feature. You can move any Window to one edge of the screen so that it could be resized.
Desktop Gadgets allow you to use some useful gadgets on the desktop.
The Aero interface comes with the live taskbar preview. However, it does not include glass effects in Windows 7 Home Basic.
The inclusion of Internet Explorer 8 that comes with more powerful features is another great attraction for the users.
The improved version of Paint and WordPad bring more convenience for the users.
Furthermore, this version of Windows comes with the Windows Fax and Scan utility that was available earlier only in the business edition.
The powerful Windows Defender and Windows Firewall in Windows 7 Home Basic make your browsing and working securer. The effective functioning of both the security tools keeps your data safe and secure from unauthorized access.
It also contains the Parental Controls feature that allows you to keep an eye on the online activities of your children. It ensures safe and secure browsing for your children and you can lock the sites you do not want your children to access.
How to Download & Install Windows 7 Home Basic
Before you start downloading the ISO file, you need to create a bootable USB of Windows 7 Home Basic.
- For this purpose, get the “Windows USB/DVD Download” tool from the official site of Microsoft. Click Here to download it.
- Make sure, you have a USB with at least 4GB space. Attach it with the PC and download the tool.
- Now, click the link given above to download the ISO file of Windows 7 Home Basic. It comes with all the necessary files.
- Go to the tool, right-click to it and select “Run” from the options.
- It will show you the “Source File box” where you need to insert the location where the ISO file is located. If you can’t, you can click the “Browse” option with it and see the correct location.
- Once you have added the ISO file’s path, select the “Next” option to move ahead.
- Click “USB Device” from here to create the copy of ISO file on the USB drive. (The people using a DVD, need to select DVD from the option)
- Now, click the option “Begin Copying” to start the copying process for the ISO image to the USB drive.
- Once the copying process is completed, you need to go to the relevant folder where you could see the “setup.exe” file. Double-click this file to start the installation process.
- Reboot the system and select the option “Boot from CD/DVD.”
- The system begins loading the files. Once it is over, it will show you the main page where you need to select the language, Time and Currency format, Keyboard or input method and select “Next” to move ahead.
- On the next page, you will see the option “Install Now.” Click this option to start the installation process.
- Select “I accept the license terms” option here and click “Next.”
- In the next screen, you need to select the installation type. Select the “Custom” option if you want to install a fresh copy of Windows. If you want to upgrade only, select “Upgrade” from here.
- Here is a list of drives. You need to select the drive where you intend to install Windows 7 Home Basic and select “Next” from here.
- Now, the files will start copying. In the next section, you will see them expanding and then the installation process begins.
- Wait until the installation process reaches 100%.
- The system restarts several times. So, you need to have patience while the installation gets over.
Finally, your Windows 7 Home Basic is ready to use. Add the product key and enjoy using Windows 7 Home Basic.
Download Windows 7 Home Basic
Q: I am looking for Windows 7 Home Basic 32-bit. I am unable to get it.
Ans: Unfortunately, Windows 7 Home Basic is available in 64-bit only. It is not available in 32-bit. So, you cannot find it.
Q: I am living in South Asia. May I get Windows 7 Home Basic?
Ans: Of course, for South Asian countries, Windows 7 Home Basic is available. The unavailability of this edition of Windows 7 is only for Europe, USA, UK, and other developed countries.
Q: May I get the ISO file in a CD-ROM?
Ans: no you cannot get the ISO file of Windows 7 Home Basic to a CD-ROM. It is a very large file and it is hard to fit on a CD.
Q: How much storage space I require on my Windows PC to install Windows 7 Home Basic?
Ans: You need minimum 8GB hard disk storage space to install this edition of Windows.
Q: I am using a blank DVD to download the ISO image of Windows. But the downloading tool does not recognize it. Please help me.
Ans: The DVD disc should not be dual-layered. If it is dual-layer, the downloading tool may not support it.