Microsoft released Windows 7 in 6 different editions. All of them were not available for the common public. Only Home Premium, Professional and Ultimate versions are available for the common users. Windows 7 Enterprise was mainly available only for the firms. It contains the basic features of Windows 7 such as Aero Glass, customization of the desktop, themes and taskbar and quick navigation through the apps, etc. Besides these features, there are some very special features for enterprises that have been included in the Windows 7 Enterprise edition. Let’s have a look of all the features particularly added to Windows 7 Enterprise.
More Windows 7 Versions:
- Windows 7 Ultimate
- Windows 7 Professional
- Windows 7 Home Basic
- Windows 7 Home Premium
- Windows 7 Starter
- Windows 7 Enterprise
Windows 7 Enterprise Features
It gives more flexibility to the business users. You can connect to a restricted site without using a VPN. The feature allows you to connect to a corporate network without downloading a third-party VPN. The only thing you require is a faster internet connection. So, the business users will be free to access all the restricted sites by using DirectAccess.
It is another highly beneficial feature of Windows 7 Enterprise. It allows you to catch the remote files on your official network speedily. You can access anything from the network head office by using this application of Windows 7 Enterprise. It lessens the use of the internet by consuming a lower bandwidth. If you have downloaded a copy of an important file, the download’s cache will be stored at the branch office. Any other users who want to access the same file do not need to download the same file again. He can access the previously downloaded file quickly.
The desktop search was also included in Windows Vista. But the Desktop Search in Windows 7 Enterprise is more powerful. It comes with SharePoint portal search, Problem, Web Search and other different categories. So, the dominant search allows you to search for your desired results in no time.
BitLocker to Go
With “BitLocker-to-Go” your data is securer from unauthorized access. You can store all of your essential files, official documents and other items on any drive. The BitLocker-to-Go encrypts the entire drive. It can encrypt multiple drives where you have saved your data. So, anyone whom you give access to the drive can view your files. The data is password protected and entirely secure.
Last, but not the least, AppLocker. It is also for your data’s security and works in the same way as “BitLocker-to-Go works. However, AppLocker is for the security of the apps and tools. So, the users can run only the software; they are authorized to use. In this way, AppLocker saves them from running the malicious tools.
Download & Install Windows 7 Enterprise
To download Windows Enterprise to your PC, you need to download the “Windows USB/DVD Download” first of all. In the first phase, you should create a bootable USB. In the next step, you will install Windows 7 Enterprise in your system.
- Click Here to download “Windows USB/DVD Download.”
- Now, connect your USB with minimum 4GB storage space with the PC and download the tool.
- Download the ISO image of Windows 7 Enterprise by using the below-given link.
- Right-click the “Windows USB/DVD Download” tool and select “Run” from the context menu.
- In the Home Page of the tool, there is an option “Source File.” You can type here the path of the ISO image if you know. Otherwise, click “Browse” to search the ISO location and click “Next” to move ahead.
- Here, you need to select the option “USB Device.”
- On the next page, click the “Begin Copying” option.
- The system begins copying the ISO image to the USB drive.
- Go to the ISO image and double-click “Setup.exe” file.
- Reboot the system and select the option “Boot from USB.”
- The system starts loading the files.
- On the next page, you need to set a language, time, currency format and keyboard or input method. Click “Next” to proceed.
- Now, select the “Install Now” option.
- Click “I Accept the License Terms” on the next page and move ahead.
- Here are two types of installation: Custom and Upgrade. Select one of them. If you want to delete all the previous files and want to install a fresh copy of Windows, select “Custom” otherwise select “Upgrade” from there.
- Now, select the disk drive where you want to install Windows 7 Enterprise.
- On the next page, you will see the confirmation message to delete the old Windows. If you are upgrading, show your preference here.
- Now, the copying of files, expanding and installation will begin.
- Wait for some time until the installation reaches 100%. During the installation process, it will restart for several times. Do not interfere while the installation process is going on.
- Put the product key in the boxes given here.
- Finally, select the network connection to connect to the internet and your Windows 7 Enterprise is ready to use.
Download Windows 7 Enterprise 32-bit
Download Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit
Q: I am upgrading Windows 7 Enterprise from Windows XP, but it shows the installation media is not working. Please help me.
Ans: You may be using a USB or DVD infected with the virus. So, the system is displaying this message. Change the installation media and try again to install the Windows.
Q: Whenever I try to install the Windows 7 Enterprise, it shows the Installation media is unreadable. I reboot the system several times but in vain. Please specify how to fix it?
Ans: You may be using a DVD to install Windows 7 Enterprise. Make sure you are using a scratch-free DVD to install Windows. If you are using a dual-layer DVD, it can also cause showing this message. So, try to use a scratch-free DVD to avoid getting this message.
Q: How much space is required to install Windows 7 Enterprise?
Ans: You need 20GB hard disk space and 2GB RAM to install Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit whereas; you need 15GB hard disk space and 1GB RAM to install 32-bit.
Q: The system shows the installation process is going on smoothly. But it stops halfway. I am unable to fix this error.
Ans: It may be due to Windows Firewall or a non-Microsoft antivirus program. Disable Windows Firewall and antivirus program and try to install Windows again.