The users of Windows are happy to get Windows 10 in 12 attractive variants. It is not only available for PC and Laptop, but also for Mobile phones. Microsoft has released a special edition known as “Windows 10 Mobile Edition” for mobile phone users. Windows 10 Mobile is the predecessor of Win 8.1 edition that was also released for Smartphone. The users of Windows 8.1 edition can upgrade their phones to Windows 10 Mobile edition.
More Windows 10 Versions
Compatibility of Windows 10 Mobile Edition
It is not compatible with all Windows phones. It is compatible with only Lumia mobile phones. In Lumia, you can install Win 10 Mobile on the following handsets.
- Lumia 550
- Lumia 950/XL
- Lumia 630
- Lumia 635
- Lumia 636
- Lumia 638
- Lumia 730
- Lumia 830
Besides the above-discussed compatibility, there are some further system requirements to install Win 10 Mobile edition. They are as follow:
- If you are using a phone running on Windows 8 or 8.1, you can update to Win 10 Mobile for free. For this purpose, Windows Insider app allows you to bypass the current edition of Windows and install the latest one.
- You need a minimum 8GB internal storage space for it.
- Minimum 512 MB RAM is required. Generally, we decide the required amount of RAM on the basis of screen resolution. If the resolution of a screen is higher than 960 x 540, it requires 1GB RAM. For a screen resolution of 1440×900, you require 2GB RAM. In the same way, for a screen resolution 2048×1152, 3GB RAM and for resolution 2560×2048, a 4GB RAM is required.
- Minimum Screen resolution should be 800×480.
- It supports MKV and HEVC video formats besides MP4, AVI, WMV, M4V, MOV, 3GP and some others.
- Before moving ahead to the installation of Windows 10 Mobile, you should backup your important data. Fully charge your phone to avoid the drained battery issue in the midway of installation.
How to Install Windows 10 Mobile
- First, you need to check the compatibility of your phone for Windows 10 Mobile. Click Here to check the supported phone’s list.
- Make sure, your phone is running on Win 8.1. Click Here to Sign up for Windows Insider App.
- Now, you need to download “Windows Insider App” from Windows Phone Store.
- Install it to your phone and launch the app. Sign in by using your Microsoft account details.
- Here, you need to click “Get Preview Builds” and select the speed of Insider. If you select “Fast,” it will install updates that are readily available. If you select “Slow,” it will let the builds more stable before the update.
- Now, you need to select “Accept” on the page of terms and conditions.
- Open “Settings” on your phone, go to “Phone Update” and select “Check for updates.”
- It will show you “Latest Windows 10 Builds” in updates. Download it.
- Once, it is available, you need to install it by following on-screen instructions.
- While the installation is going on, your phone will restart several times. Don’t interrupt the setup and have some patience. Wait until the setup is over.
Windows 10 Mobile Edition Features
Windows 10 has loads of attractive features to mesmerize its users. The most striking feature of Windows 10 is to harmonize the users on One Platform. Now, the user can enjoy the One Platform scheme between different devices such as between a Windows PC and different Smartphones.
It brings cross-platform experience for its users. If you want to remove a notification from your PC, it will also be deleted from your Android device. So, the syncing of notifications provides you a seamless experience.
Windows 10 Mobile edition offers a variety of Win 10 apps such as Outlook Mail, Calendar, Facebook, Cortana, Skype, and many others. So, life is even easier and more enjoyable.
The latest Office Mobile suite is also an integral part of Windows 10 Mobile edition. So, you do not need to install an additional app to view and edit your documents.
On the “Start” screen, you will see an updated feature of Wallpapers and Backgrounds. Now, your wallpapers are displayed behind translucent tiles instead of displaying within the tiles.
This edition of Windows Mobile fetches a new app for the users that is known as “Photo” app. It can be used to bring the content from your local drive and even from OneDrive. It automatically syncs the photos. Furthermore, labeling and arranging photos was never so easier.
Download Windows 10 Mobile edition
Use Windows 10 DVD Ripper for Windows 10 Mobile Edition (Alternative Method)
Another easy way to install Windows 10 Mobile to your Lumia handset is to use DVD Ripper.
Following is the DVD Ripper you can use to create Windows 10 Mobile DVD for your phone.
Download the DVD Ripper edition to your Windows PC.
Connect your phone with PC by using a data cable.
Load a DVD into the DVD ROM. Open DVD Ripper and select “DVD Disc” option at the top left corner.
Now, you need to view the Output Profile list to check your phone’s compatibility with Windows 10 Mobile edition. Click your phone’s model as it appears in the list.
Now, you need to locate the destination folder in your Windows phone, where you want to save Windows 10 Mobile ISO file.
Now, select “Run” to start transferring Windows 10 Mobile ISO to your Windows Phone.
Go to the location, tap the setup file and select “Run” to start the installation process.
Follow the on-screen instructions. The process includes some restarts. So, you need to wait aside until the process is over.