Windows 10, like Windows 7, was released in 6 different editions. You can download the relevant version from the official site of Microsoft. Here, I am going to discuss Windows 10 Home that is a splash of cool water for the people using the Home version of Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Other Windows 10 versions:
Download Windows 10 Home 32-bit
Download Windows 10 Home 64-bit
How to Download & Install Windows 10 Home
Before you download and install Windows 10 Home, let me explain the download requirements for it. Check and follow them strictly to avoid any issue in downloading.
- You need 1GHz or above processor
- 1GB RAM for 32-bit and 2GB RAM for 64-bit
- Minimum 16GB hard disk space for 32-bit and 20GB for 64-bit OS
- The display should be 800×600 or above
- Graphics Card requirements include DirectX 9 or above with WDDM 1.0 driver
Download & Installation Guide
You need to create a Bootable USB Drive if you want to download and install Windows 10 Home.
- First, download the tool “USB/DVD Download Tool” from the official website of Microsoft. It reads the ISO image of Windows and converts it into an executable file. Click Here to download the tool.
- Now go to the above section to download “ISO file of Windows 10 Home.”
- Attach a USB with PC.
- Open the Command Prompt and run it as an administrator.
- Type “CHDIR” and press Enter.
- Now type “bootsect /nt60 E:” without inverted commas and press Enter.
- Type another command “XCOPY I: \*.*F:\/E/F/H.” This command will copy the ISO file to the given disc drive.
- Now, double-click the downloading tool and select “Run” from the given options.
- Here, you will see the ISO files in the USB drive. It means you have successfully copied the ISO image file to the USB drive.
- Search for “setup.exe” and double-click to it. It will begin the installation process.
- Restart the system and select “Boot from USB” when the booting options appear.
- After loading the files, the system displays a few options on a page. Select language, time zone, and some other settings.
- Click the option “I Agree to the License Terms” from here.
- Now, you will see two options: Custom and Upgrade. You can select “Custom” if you want to remove the previously used apps, documents, and settings. It will install the fresh copy of Windows.
- If you want to keep your files at the same place, select “Upgrade” from the options.
- Now choose the disk drive where you want to install Windows 10 Home. Make sure, it has minimum 20GB storage space if installing 64-bit and 16GB if installing 32-bit.
- The system starts loading essential files. Wait for a few minutes until the loading files process is over.
- You will see the installation process on the screen in percentage.
- Once, the installation process gets over, give a unique name to your computer. Add a network if you prefer. Otherwise, select “Later” from options.
That’s all. Enjoy using Windows 10 Home on your PC.
Note: While installing Windows, your PC restarts for several times. Don’t interrupt the process. Wait with patience until the installation completes.
Windows 10 Home Features
The improved performance of Cortana, your digital assistant makes the search more convenient for you. Now, you can search by different categories such as “Documents, Files, Images, Browser and Apps” etc. The search is more specified and lets you look into a particular category. So, when you tap the icon “Search” and then “Documents,” it fetches your desired files within a few seconds.
Microsoft Edge is more improved and powerful. Everything you want to explore is protected now. Your data and system are away from the unauthorized access. No malicious software can access your system in the presence of a protective shield while you are browsing online.
Although many features present in Windows 10 Professional are not present in Windows 10 Home, still it is much attractive for the users.
The customization of desktop, apps, icons and the taskbar is catchier now. You can customize your desktop according to your preference. You can change everything.
Windows Defender and Windows Firewall come with more power to protect the users. Now, your data is safe from the access of malicious software. The built-in security features of Windows 10 Home provide your system entire security.
Faster startup saves your time. The Windows 10 Startup is incredibly faster now. It can boot, reboot, hibernate and sleep within a few seconds.
Device Encryption is available on Windows 10 Home. It allows you to encrypt the data with absolute security. So, everyone cannot access your device. Only authorized people would be able to access your system.
You can use the built-in Parental Control to manage screen time and browsing content for your children. So, your children and teenagers in a family can make safe browsing. They cannot access the adult content and social networking apps if you have set them into the parental control section.
In short, Windows 10 with many attractive features has won the hearts of the users. So, everyone wants to upgrade to Windows 10.
Q: While installing Windows 10 Home, I got an error “0xC1900101.” I tried many times to install Windows 10 Home, but every time I get this error.
Ans: There may be an outdated driver that makes the system encounter this error. Make sure, you have the required disk space. Furthermore, run Windows Update for at least 3 times before installing Windows again.
Q: When I begin the installation process, it shows a black screen and a message “Windows 10 cannot be installed.” I tried many times, but every time I see this message.
Ans: If you are using an antivirus program other than by Microsoft, you need to uninstall or disable it for a few hours. It may be interrupting the installation process.
Q: I don’t use headphone or hands-free. But still, the system displays a warning message “Remove External Hardware.” I am unable to download and install Windows 10 Home.
Ans: There may be different external hardware such as scanner, printer, USB flash drive, headphone, hands-free, and speakers. Make sure, you have removed all of the external hardware before you install Windows 10 Home.
Q: The installation of Windows 10 Home halts midway. I don’t know why it happens. Please specify the reason.
Ans: There may be an outdated driver in your system. You need to run “Windows Update” to update all the drivers then try again to install Windows 10 Home.