If you are living in a restricted society where most of the sites are banned, and you cannot access them, Psiphon is for you. Many websites do not grant you access to the content due to various reasons. If you are using Psiphon, you can access all the sites. It allows you to access online content without revealing your identity. So, your data is secure, and you can secretly view the content without difficulty. Sometimes, your college blocks access to Facebook and other social networking sites. In such a situation, you can use Psiphon easily.
How Does it Work?
When you launch the tool, it automatically establishes the connection. While it is in action, there appears a spinning icon. There are some tunnel modes on it. You need to select the one at least among VPN, SSH, and SSH+. Let me explain the functioning of these tunnel modes.
VPN: The data traffic to and fro your system runs through Psiphon.
SSH & SSH+: Here, the Psiphon sets the proxy settings of Windows automatically. So, all network traffic will go through Psiphon. In these tunnels, Psiphon another split tunnel category. In this category, you have the choice to set the international and local traffic tunnels separately. The international traffic will go through the Psiphon.
Salient Features of Psiphon
- It is compatible with all versions of Windows, Android phones and Mac OS. The tool gives you an overview of the web traffic you are getting and using.
- It is a fast VPN changer that enables your safe and secure browsing on Windows, Android, and Mac.
- It is a powerful tool that can easily unblock blocked sites. There is no site out of its access.
- When the green icon appears, it shows that the connection is established.
- It is an open-source VPN service that uses VPN, SSH, SSH+, and HTTP proxy technologies.
- It allows you a high-speed web browsing by using a variety of IP addresses.
- It is available in two versions for the users. The free version comes with all stunning features. But the paid version comes with more exclusive features like incredibly faster web browsing, more IP addresses, more security, and privacy.
- It is available not only for Windows but also for Android, iOS devices and Mac.
- It is a free service for Windows, iOS Devices and Mac. However, the paid version is available for Android users.
- This potent tool can unblock any blocked site.
- It comes with an easy user-interface.
- You can download the tool via email too.
- It is a bit slow as compared to other tools.
- It can select VPN location automatically.
Download for Windows 10, 8, 7
The tool is available for Windows Operating System. You can download the “.exe file” from the following link.
Once you have downloaded the tool, go to the Downloads to get it.
Right-click the Psiphone downloaded the file and select “Run as Administrator” from the context menu.
It will go ahead and complete the installation process.
The tool is available for Windows XP, 7, 8 and 10.
Download Psiphon via Email [Alternative Way]
If you do not want to use the above-discussed links to download Psiphon, here is the email ID. You can forward an email to [email protected] to request a copy of the tool. Once it arrives at your mailbox, download it and enjoy a free internet world out of restrictions.
Psiphon for Android
Psiphon app is also available on Google Play Store for Android phones and tablets. You can download it from there. You do not need to jailbreak your device to run Psiphon on it. It works best if you are installing it on Android 4.0.
- Just download it from the link given below.
- Now, open “Settings>Lock Screen and Security>Unknown Sources.” Enable the Unknown Sources option from here.
- Now go to the “Downloads” and click the apk file to start the installation process. It will take a few seconds, and the installation is over.
- Now, launch the tool and tap “Connect” button that is on the Main page.
Psiphon for iOS Devices
- It is available on App Store for iOS Devices. You can download it from there.
- It supports iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- It requires an iOS device running on minimum iOS 8. It is the original file.
- You can download it from iTunes too.
If you have altered your mind and decided to use another VPN, here are some alternatives to Psiphon.
It comes with numerous servers with high privacy and security. You can use it for secure browsing.
It is one of the most demanded VPN providers of the world. The tool provides you with complete virtual security and privacy. The manufacturer has different payment plans for the people belonging to every walk of life. Even it includes a free version of Hotspot Shield.
It is an open source and free VPN that allows you to visit the banned sites without affecting your security. It will enable you to do safe browsing on all internet devices.
- Q: Is there any risk involved in using Psiphon?
- Ans: Not at all. There is no risk involved in using Psiphon. It is a regular VPN tool. In some countries like in Turkey, it is illegal to use VPN apps. But in other countries, you can use it without restriction.
- Q: I have downloaded Psiphon but unable to connect it. Why?
- Ans: Disable your antivirus tool for some time to use this tool. If you are using Psiphon when your antivirus tool is active, it will not let Psiphon establish the connection.
- Q: Can the ISP see the content I am watching online?
- Ans: While using Psiphon, your data is encrypted, and it is not possible for someone to view your data.
- Q: I have downloaded Psiphon and trying to connect it. It is repeatedly showing the “Connection failed” message. Please help.
- Ans: If you are getting this message continuously, it means no server is available that is familiar with your client. So, download another Psiphon client.
- Q: I am not using an antivirus program, but still my Psiphon disconnects time and again. Why is it happening?
- Ans: It is not due to the antivirus, but due to an inconsistent internet network. You need to forward a complaint to your ISP.