Are you facing this annoying error again and again? If yes! Then you are at right place. Welcome this post is for you too. Seldom, you try to open a website, but your browser shows a message like this. It is opening all other sites, but in the case of your desired site, it fails to establish the connection. When it happens to me, I use the following methods to get rid of it, and I am always successful in doing so. That’s why I am sharing these techniques with all of you. Let’s see what methods here are.
1. Check Proxy Settings [Most Working Solution]
Sometimes, the error may be due to the proxy server. So, check the settings.
- Open Google Chrome and click “customize and control” icon that appears like three dots at the top right corner of the window.
- Select “Settings” from here.
- Once, the settings page is open, click “show advanced settings” at the bottom of the page.
- You need to keep scrolling the page until you get the tab “Change proxy settings” under “Network” category. Just select this option to move ahead.
- Now a pop-up appears on the screen with internet properties. Here, you need to select “LAN Settings” tab.
- You should uncheck the box “Use a proxy server for LAN” and click “OK” to save changes.
2. Disable Antivirus Software
If you are using any antivirus software, you should disable it for a while. It may be blocking your access to the desired website.
- Just right click on the icon of Antivirus tool and find the “disable” option. You should not disable it for a longer time. It is just to check whether the antivirus software is causing this error. If it is so, you should uninstall it and install any other antivirus program.
- Now you need to access “Task Manager” to confirm if Antivirus stopped working or still running. Use the “Ctrl+Alt+Del” combination of keys to open it. If it does not appear in the running programs, it means you have successfully disabled it.
3. Change MTU Settings
Frequently this error occurs when your Maximum Transmission Unit setting has an error. So you need to reset it to the default setting. It is a bit technical and easier task for the experienced users, but you don’t worry. I will explain it in a very simple way, and you can reset MTU by following these easy steps.
- First, you should know the name of your network connection. For this, just open “Run” dialogue box by holding “Windows key + R.” Now type “ncpa.cpl” and press Enter.
- It will take you to the network connections where you can check the name that is required to reset MTU. I have shown the name of my network in the image below.
- Now go to the “Start” and type “Command Prompt” in the search bar. Here, right-click on the command prompt and select “Run as administrator” option.
- When it appears on the screen, just type the following command (netsh interface ipv4 set subinterface “Wireless Network Connection” mtu=1472 store=persistent)
- You need to type this command without brackets and add your network name at “Wireless Network Connection” and press Enter. It shows “OK” that means you have successfully changed the MTU settings.
- Now reboot the system and enjoy error-free net surfing.
4. Clear Cookies and Cache Memory
Another technique you can use to fix Err_connection_reset error is to remove cookies and cache memory. Follow the steps below to perform this action.
- Open Chrome browser.
- Type this command into the address bar to directly access to “Clear browsing data” page.
- Once you get the page “Clear Browsing Data”, you need to check two boxes “Cookies and other site and plug-in data” and “Cached images and files” and hit the option at the bottom “Clear browsing data” to remove them.
- Now shut the browser and then re-open it. Check if the problem is fixed.
5. Reset IP Address by Using Command Prompt
- Just go to Start Menu and type “Command Prompt” in the Search bar. As it appears, you need to right-click and select “Run as administrator.”
- Now type here “netsh winsock reset catalog” and press Enter key.
- Don’t forget to restart your PC now. I am sure your error exists no more.
6. Clean Registry
You need to clean the registry by using trusted software. Registry Cleaner detects and repairs all of the errors that are causing delay and crushing any program. I will recommend you Auslogics Registry Cleaner that is an easy and secure tool.
- You need to open once it is downloaded. You will see the “Scan Now” option below. You should click this option and wait for a while.
- It will show you how many errors it has detected. Once, the scan is over; you should click the option “Repair” appears below. It will repair all of the errors found in your system.
Now your system is error-free, and you can try to access your desired website.
7. Disable Windows Firewall
Occasionally, Windows firewall blocks the system to establish a connection with the said website. So, you need to disable windows firewall to check whether it works now or not. Although it becomes risky for the system, you do not need to disable it for a longer time. It is just to resolve the error.
- Go to the “Start” and type “Windows Firewall” in the search bar. (You can go to “Control Panel” to get a firewall, but from the search bar, you can directly approach to the Windows Firewall)
- Now, Windows Firewall opens on the screen. You will find an option “Turn Windows Firewall on or off” in the left pane. Just click this option.
- Here, you need to click two radio buttons “Turn off windows firewall” and select “OK” to apply changes.
- Now restart the system and check if the error is fixed. I am sure it is no more irritating you.
Q: I have applied all of the above-discussed methods, but the problem persists.
Ans: You need to contact your Internet service, provider. There may be an issue regarding the internet server. Seldom, the internet service provider’s firewall blocks certain Internet connections, and it shows this kind of errors. Make sure you have paid the internet bill on time.
Q: I again get this error within half an hour or so. What to do?
Ans: Please make sure you have restarted the system after applying any of the above-mentioned techniques. That is necessary for it.
Related Google Chrome Errors’ Solution: