For a newbie, let me introduce Discord before going ahead towards the method to add BOTS to Discord. All online gamers and team members are well-versed with Discord. It is an online service that provides a channel to communicate while playing online games. The gamers can voice chat with their teammates by using Discord. Earlier, Ventrilo and Teamspeak were common among the players. Currently, Discord has taken its place. Now, the Discord provides with the voice chat and some other services to the players all over the world. You can play a D&D game online by using Discord. It supports VoIP. You can customize it according to your preference. Besides, it is easy and free to use.
Why to Add BOTS to Discord?
BOT is a software that runs automated tasks online. Generally, they perform the tasks that are repetitive and simple. They perform these tasks at an incredibly higher rate that is not possible for a human being. That’s why; you can make your tasks at Discord easier by adding BOTS to it. These are customizable software and you can edit commands for some particular users. Even, you can personalize messages for new visitors.
How to Add BOTS on Discord Server
It is not a hard nut to crack to add BOTS to the Discord server. You need to follow a few steps in this context.
- You need to login to your Discord account first.
- Make sure that you have already selected the BOTS you want to add to Discord. If you want to check some useful Discord BOTS, you can search online for them before entering to your account.
- Select the BOTS and open your account.
- You need to go to the “General Permissions” option on your Discord server.
- Here, you will see some options with checkboxes. You need to check the option “Manage Server” from here.
- Now, go to the location where you have selected a BOT. Let say, you have selected a BOT on a particular site, go to that location and select “Add BOT to Server” from there.
- (If you are adding a BOT from official Discord site, you need to select the option “Invite” from here too.
- Now, you will see another window where you will select the option “Select a Server.” From the drop-down menu, select your desired server where you need to add this BOT.
- In the next window, you need to select an option “Authorize” to allow BOT to be a part of your server. In the sidebar of the Server, you can see the selected BOT.
- Tick the activities you want your BOT to perform for you such as Read Messages, Send Messages, Manage Messages, Attach Files and some others. Select the tasks and click “Authorize.”
That’s it, guys! You will see that your selected BOT is appearing in Server. So, you can use it for all its relevant tasks.